hi. meet doug.
communicator. creator. educator.
- Public relations professional with more than 25 years of communications experience
- Marketing professional well-versed in agency, nonprofit, travel and tourism, and entertainment structures
- Advertising experience in agency, nonprofit, entertainment and education environments
- Experience in media partnerships, placement and message development
- Experienced writer, reporter and editor with strong AP style, grammar and spelling skills focused on storytelling
- Communication package development experience including visual communication elements, marketing packages, deck creation and media kit creation
- Message alignment through marketing, advertising, PR and social channels
- Strong editing and revision skills specifically focused on developing succinct and shortened messaging
- Planning and program development leader through events, activities and clear communication strategies
- Adobe Certified Educator in all Adobe Creative Cloud products, Adobe Certified Associate in InDesign
- Show and production photographer for Broadway touring productions and local theatrical productions
- Designed advertising, marketing and production materials for multiple clients and properties
- WordPress, Joomla, HTML and CSS programming and design skills (CMS system proficiency)
- Design skills using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator for publishing, large-format printing, promotional product design, logo creation and art package development
- Video editing, commercial creation and ad development using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Animate
- Puppet designer and builder using traditional skills, 3d printing and cutting machine skills
- Event production designer and planner for well-themed, branded and message-specific events
- Professional-focused educator in public relations, advertising, graphic design, entertainment marketing and campaign development
- Adult learning, training and facilitation experience expanded through traditional classroom training, workshops and virtual training activities
- Experienced leader in Gen Z training and educational needs
- Adobe Certified Educator teaching InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects and Animator in classroom and workshop settings
- Public relations educator focused on training press kit material writing, AP Style, professional writing skills and social/digital writing
- Advertising educator focused on message development, branding alignment, headline and copy writing styles and ad development
- Training leader and customer service development training team experience
- Puppet building trainer and online educator
Renaissance Man. Jack of all Trades. Creative Mastery.
This experience helps your business thrive.
Spanning multiple career arenas in many cities across the country, I could be considered a Renaissance man with a creative twist. A mix between a designer, a photographer, an art director and traditional ad/pr practitioner, I build upon the standards in the industry and allow you, my client, to take it one step further seamlessly. Your message matches your visual and your visual matches your campaign – all with one person ensuring it all comes together flawlessly. Then for good measure, throw puppets in there and let the creativity flow.